Oh sweet child of mine.
I'm not sure I can even put into words just how much my heart is filled with love for you.
I wasn't sure I could love anyone else as much as I loved your sister, but I sure wanted to try.
And now here you are, nine months later, and I can honestly say I do.
You've brought us so much joy. And at times, so much frustration. :)
To say you are "spirited" would be an understatement. You are fierce in everything you do. When you smile, you radiate your happiness. When you're unhappy, everyone within fifty feet of you knows it. There's no "mediocre" about you because when you set your mind to something, you do it full out, right then and there.
Some examples? Going from sitting to army crawling to crawling to cruising in two months. With the last three happening in just the month of July. You squeal with joy while watching your sister or exploring new things and scream with anger when you're not getting your way.
Your temper.... that's a trait inherited from your mother. Not something I'm proud of.
Six pearly whites now live in that smile of yours and they're perfectly gapped. Each time you smile, I laugh a little as you resemble Buckwheat in The Little Rascals.
In the past month, you've FINALLY started sleeping through the night (praise God!) and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that you're eating three meals a day and the fact that you're so busy.Your appetite is impressive.... while your sister is incredibly picky, you love just about everything we put in front of you. This week we've given you some "real" food including Mac & Cheese, watermelon, blueberries, grapes, peas, green beans and carrots. You're now in size 12 month clothes and I've had to pack away your 9 month stuff just this past week. My little boy isn't so little anymore!!
It is so much fun for your daddy and I to watch you explore your environment and learn new things. You're more curious than your sister ever was.... We never really needed our baby-proofed house with Liana but with you, we're having to go the extra mile. You open drawers, try to get into cabinets, and your personal favorites have been opening the doors on the fireplace and trying to get to the dog food bowls before I can! I now fully believe that a difference exists between girls and boys as I see "all boy" in everything you do. Nana and I constantly joke about the definition of boy being "noise covered in dirt" and I have to say, that fits you perfectly!
Bedtime still comes promptly between 7 and 7:30 because when you hit your wall, you hit it fast and hard. Mom and Dad are always quite thankful for this time of the day as it means a little less responsibility and a little more relaxation for us. :)
The water is probably your favorite place to be. The morning is your favorite time of day. Peas are still your favorite food. Your sister is your favorite person despite the fact that she bosses you around relentlessly and takes toys away from you constantly. (Trust me kid, I'm doing what I can on this front.)
Just as I felt with Liana, I have to admit that we've hit the "it just keeps getting better and better" portion of babyhood. I love this age. Nine months is full of adventures, most of which have been good.
My heart is filled for you, Lukas Ryan. Happy Nine Months baby boy, I love you!
(Even when you decide to pull an all-nighter to celebrate said 9 month birthday. Take notice of the timestamp for proof. Oh child, I have a feeling life with you will never be dull!)
No comments:
Post a Comment