Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day Six.

And so it was, Thursday, October 28th, 2010.

The day I miscarried our second child.

At 11 weeks, 2 days.

Right now, after an intensely painful afternoon (honest to God, worse than childbirth), I'm drained. At this moment, all I feel is physical relief that it's over.

But now, my heart is slowly recognizing that I am missing a child. Slowly soaking in what actually happened at 3pm this afternoon. Slowly soaking in that with the fifty other pictures on our refrigerator, this baby's sweet face will never be. Slowly soaking in that this sense of relief may be short-lived.

Slowly soaking in the gravity of it all. That while it may be over physically, it's far from over emotionally.

Because our baby is officially gone.

2 comments:

  1. <3 my thoughts and prayers are with you...thank you for sharing your story. I cannot even imagine what you are going through from losing your baby, but you have another person in your corner, hoping/praying/providing their support.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Haley!! I don't even know what to say... thinking of you! XXOO
    April

    ReplyDelete