Where has the time gone?!
I hate to say this but a big part of me is relieved that it's flying by for one simple reason....
Reflux .
While Lukas' first two weeks of life seemed to go by without much of a hitch, week three and four have been trying to say the least. As any mother would, I struggle with seeing my sweet little boy in pain and not knowing just how to fix it. I took him in for his 2 week checkup last week (even though he was nearly 3 weeks) and Dr. Maki prescribed him Zantac. I'm still undecided on whether or not it's helping as some days are better than others. I pray that we continue to see some progress made over the coming days and if not, I pray that Dr. Maki will put him on Prevacid as that seems to have helped a lot of other kiddos I know who have also struggled with reflux .
In the mean time, my days are frazzled. On the "bad" days, I'm trying to calm a baby that screams just about all day long. While I'm doing this, I can actually see my sweet Liana falling into emotional pieces as she struggles with this reflux in her own way. After all, it's not easy going from being an only child to now competing for your family's attention with a little brother who's needs are currently high. The mix of watching both of my kids struggle physically and emotionally leaves me struggling myself. Sometimes, I just have to let the tears flow or else I know I might just explode.
Regardless of whether a day is "good" or "bad", we are adjusting to life as four. I love this new family of mine and I love watching both of my children grow. I can already see such a difference in Lukas as he's starting to look like less of a newborn and more of a baby. Thankfully, he sleeps well and typically wakes me up only once, sometimes twice, a night.
(The only kind of work out Mike's fitting in these days!!!)
There's not much other news to report at this point. I'll apologize now for a lack of regular updates.... things are too crazy around here right now to sit in front of a computer for any length of time and write. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment