Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Liana's best.

So the Kranz's left the Kadzban household yesterday morning after a long weekend of visiting and I have to admit that watching their van pull away left me crunching my nose a little... the only thing I know to do when I want to stop the tears from flowing.

After they left, I sat on the couch while feeding Lukas and couldn't help but wonder why it's always so hard on me when they go. Then it hit me....

I hate the transition of watching Liana play so joyfully with Lily (most of the time) to once again being by herself.

Watching these two run around together brings a happiness to my heart that not many other things can. Sure, they have their moments... in fact, at the ripe age of 2, they seem to be having a lot more these days as they struggle to learn the whole concept of sharing.  But more often than not you'll find these girls giggling like the best of friends.

Without even knowing it or trying to, Lily has given something to my daughter that is irreplaceable. A best friend. Someone to giggle with. Get into trouble with. Play relentlessly with. Fight with and then quickly make up with. They love each other in spite of their faults and for their strengths. They're there to teach other important life lessons... even though right now those life lessons may range from small issues such as using a public potty to big issues like learning how to share and be kind to others.

When these two girls are together, my heart overflows at watching how happy Liana is. But it also brings with it a lot of sadness because inevitably, it always has to end. I hate that some of our closest friends live hours away and that these play dates can't happen more than once every few months.

Someday, I pray that Liana and Lukas have an overabundance of friends and cousins to play with because right now, they don't. That's been one of the many struggles I've faced with having kids so much earlier than our siblings or our friends have. I feel Liana's loneliness, even when she probably doesn't, to my core.

Lillian Paige, thank you for being Liana's best. And Lily's mom, thanks for being one of mine too. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment