We have a hole!
After weeks... errrr, months... of finalizing certain details and going back and forth with our builder on a few things, we finally have a hole! Thank you Jesus!
Honestly, who would have thought a hole could conjure up so much excitement in this girl?
Looking at that freshly dug hole felt a lot like... well, coming home. Because for almost two months now, with at least five still to go, I've felt like we've been living in limbo. Sure, we have a roof over our head. But this home isn't our home. These walls are bare. We have no pictures up. The furniture we sit on each day and each night isn't our own.
Worse of all, Liana has recently started making comments like, "I miss our old house." Even she knows this house isn't our own. Probably because it's missing one key component... that purple bedroom of hers. :)
That hole is a promise of things still to come. It's just the beginning of something that is going to be wonderful... our home. One that we've poured ourselves into even before the first walls were poured. One that Mike and I intend to raise our children in and retire in.
This is it... no turning back now! So excited!
| Love that view! |
| I have no idea what that ditch will be. Such a smart little builder I am. ;) |
| Our big ol' dirt pile. I bet the neighbors were a bit surprised when they got home today! |
| Basement :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment