Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentines Day Quickie. :)

It's 9:19 pm and I really, really should be in bed. After all, I've been complaining all day about how tired I am and even went so far as to barter with my husband to come home from work early so I could take a nap as my "Valentines Day gift". (He didn't do it. Are we surprised by this?!)

But I'm going to take ten minutes to write something down and it starts with this....

I'm in love.

With this little boy...

And this little girl....

And the man that brought them into my world....

Life has not been easy these past few months. But still, life is good. So, so good. I find that I've finally gotten to the point where I can take a deep breath and start to really take this all in. We've gotten through the hard newborn stage and as a result, my perspective has shifted. Instead of lamenting over the fact that my baby isn't sleeping through the night, I find myself holding his hand and tracing his tiny fingers with mine during those nighttime feedings and loving him with all of my might. My little girl turns three next month and as I watch her blossom into such a little personality with a vigor for life, I'm astounded by what she's capable of.

I'm soaking up the kisses, the smiles, the giggles and the coos because I know they will all too soon be a part of my past. Memories to look back on instead of moments to experience.

I want to live in these moments. Dive in, head first. I want to live for these moments. Not take them for granted.

Mike, Liana and Lukas are what I live for. They are my purpose in my life. They are my everything.

So this Valentine's Day, I'm loving on them. The three greatest blessings in my life. <3

1 comment:

  1. so glad you are changing your perspective ! It helps so much and honestly, life forces us too...your family is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete