Happy Monday!!!
This weekend was busy... like usual. I worked... like usual. And I wasn't feeling it.... like usual. I'm trying to keep my head in the "weekend option game", but it's hard. I'm ready to be done and have time to spend with my family and friends. Thankfully there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I hope I'm in that light before I know it.
But, work wasn't the only thing that we had going on.
Saturday night, we had Matt and Amy Sobczak's wedding reception and it was a blast. I was a little nervous going because the group we would "know" were people we hadn't seen in years and people Mike had worked with at O'Mara, so it's not like I even knew them all that well to begin with. But, everyone was so eager to talk with us and see how Kadzban life was going so that helped a lot. The party was great... they had their reception at English Hills and I was really impressed with how well that place cleans up. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, and having a dance floor run the entire length of the building in between the tables (which were along each side of the room) was great for entertainment purposes. I do have to admit that I may have officially made it to old lady-hood though, as I found it much more fun to sit and watch the younger peeps dance than for me to dance on my own.
Here's the only picture I managed to get from the night... one of Mike dancing with Matt (go figure) during the dollar dance. :)
Saturday night after the wedding? Not so great. Mike and I both got some seriously upset stomachs from something we at at the reception. While my stomach ache was short lived, Mike wasn't as fortunate and we're pretty sure he caught a mild case of food poisoning from some rare prime rib. He was out of commission for most of Sunday, so Liana stayed with my parents through the day. Finally, at 5:30 it was decided that she'd just stay at their house for one more night because of all the charting I had yet to do and because I had already booked my mom to watch her this morning. So, I came home, finished my charting, and we were both in bed nice and early. (For Mike, that means 4ish. For me, 10ish.)
Outside of all of this, we had a bit of a scare on Friday. Twice during the week my debit card had been declined and knowing that there was no reason for that, I called the bank. It wasn't until I logged onto my account that I discovered our debit card information had been stolen and fraudulent purchases were racking up in Tampa, FL. Over $1000 worth, in fact. I called Chase Fraud Services immediately and they were wonderful. My claim was filed within minutes and the next day they posted most of the money back to our account. We had a few more transactions come through later in the day on Friday (after the claim had been filed) and so I called again today. Again, great service by Chase. I'm so glad that they were so helpful and proactive about the situation. We're still not sure how this all happened, but Chase is investigating it and said they'll let us know as soon as they do.
Today was wonderful... I love Mondays! I picked Liana up this morning from my parents and as I walked up the sidewalk to the house, she climbed onto the couch (which is in front of the window) and just started squealing as soon as she saw me. It made my heart melt!! I walked inside to a little girl who had so obviously missed her mama even though I know she had a great time with her Nana and Papa over the weekend. Nothing makes me feel quite so loved as those moments. The rest of the day has been a good day too... after a nap for her and some chores for me, we played in the yard for a long time. While the breeze is cool, the sun is hot and I was so glad that I experienced the feeling of summer one last time. I wish it wasn't the last, but I guess I may as well embrace fall because it's coming whether I like it or not!
Well, Mike just got home from work... time for some family time! Have a good week everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment