December was a tough month to get through. You know how they say that sometimes things get worse before they get better? Well I'd say that's the truth. November, I was numb. December, I was most certainly not. Everything hurt.... all the reminders.... and the fact that we would've found out the baby's gender at the end of the month brought everything to a head. I just found myself missing so badly what would've been.
But now January? January seems to be looking up. I still think about our baby every.single.day. But, the pain is less. I just hope that the rug doesn't get pulled out from under me again because the moments in which it does are the most paralyzing.
Grief is such a tricky thing to maneuver, I tell you. So I'm just very hopeful that I'm coming out of this "funk" and really, truly, finally taking steps forward without taking any back.
Liana is doing amazing things these days.... talking in 3 or 4 word sentences. Able to clearly articulate what she wants almost all the time. Turning into a little domestic diva (where in the world she gets that from, I'll never know!) as she "cooks" for us in her kitchenette set she got from Nana & Papa for Christmas. She's taking more and more interest in the potty, though just short of the point where she'll actually take her pants off to sit on it. She's a little helper with one of her favorite things being to help unload the dishwasher each day. Last weekend, Mike took her sledding for the first time and she LOVED IT! And to top it all off, she's a mama's girl through and through right now... daddy is good and all, but mommy takes the cake. I struggle with seeing her call for me when Mike's standing right there trying to fill whatever need she has at the moment but I know that this will pass.
It's just so amazing to see my baby girl turning into a little girl right before my eyes. To see her personality flourish. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... every stage she reaches seems like the best. But then she moves onto the next and I'm in love all over again.
My personality has always been the kind that's more excited for what's still to come rather than being focused on the here and now. But not with her. While I'm so excited to see what she'll be like when she's three...four... or five... I love this little girl that stands before me today. With every fiber of my being. Some days, I want to keep her 22 months forever. But the reality is... I want to see her grow. I want to see the little girl she's destined to become. Just not too quickly.
We're eagerly awaiting the arrival of my best friends baby this month. But to be honest, no one in this house is more eager about it than me. I keep waiting for the "Oh my God Haley, I'm in labor for real this time!" call. These last few months have been full of babies being born.... baby Easton in November, Austin & Dylan in December, and now baby Kranz this month. I'm truthfully joyful for my friends as they welcome their little ones into the world. And I know that at some point, they'll be joyful for me too. But for now, I'm content and happy with the life that I have.
Aside from that, life is pretty mundane around the Kadzban household these days. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)
I'll leave you with some recent pics. Until next time!
Snuggles with mama in her crib are amazing. Just don't mind my lack of makeup and nasty hair. ;)
Loving the snow!
Wheeee! My little adventure seeker :)
I love your posts :) I love the picture of the two of you in the crib :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable Hailey! And she is one smart cookie! You are doing a great job! Just remember when you get in that "funk" it is okay... it is normal. Thinking of you often and wishing GREAT things for you this year!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
April