These moments come ever so often, but tonight I just felt the need to reflect on it. It was the kind of moment where you take pause, look intently, and try to soak it in with the hopes of never forgetting it.
After dinner, I was sitting across the family room from Liana and we were watching one of her Baby Einstein videos. I looked up to see her sitting next to Bauer on the couch, petting him, holding her baby, and watching ever so intently.
And in that split second, I felt my heart just melt.
I looked at her and all I could think was, "How did I get this lucky?"
Two years ago, no one could have ever prepared me for the seriously intense emotions of motherhood. No one could have prepared me for the pure joy I feel when I look at my little girls face. For the pain I feel when she's sad or hurting. For the fear that lives in my heart knowing that I won't always be able to protect her from the evils of the world. And no one could have ever prepared me for how amazingly proud of her I am.
Just about every time I look at her face, Taylor Swift comes to mind.... "You are the best thing that's ever been mine."
Because she is. She is the most wonderful gift I've ever been given. She is the biggest blessing in my life. She keeps my feet grounded. She keeps my heart beating. She gives me the strength to take on the world because I want it to be better for her. My heart aches for her when we're apart (even though that time is well-needed by both of us) and feels instantly whole when she's near me again. I love her so much that it scares me to my core at times. She makes me feel vulnerable in a way I never imagined I could.
This little girl has changed me in ways I never knew possible. Her being here has made my whole life worthwhile.... at the ripe age of 27.
I am so honored to call her mine. So blessed. So happy. So madly in love. So really, truly, thankful.
My heart is overflowing.
Tonight, I wished I could bottle her up and keep her 22 months forever. Because Liana Grace, at 22 months, is my little piece of heaven on earth.
I am SO smitten with this child of mine.
(Too bad she couldn't look AT the camera with that smile, huh?!) ;)
Ahhh!!! Haley, this makes me cry and melt with you....why can't we bottle up our little ones and make them stay little forever....! I understand! You are a precious mama....so blessed and I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete