Wow, has this week flown by. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already, which means Saturday is coming too. Right now, I hate weekends.... I'm so ready to be done working them but I'm not quite there. While I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, this feels vaguely familiar to how I felt when I was 36 weeks pregnant and just WAITING for Liana to get here. I know the joy is coming but it feels like if I wait even a second longer, I'm going to explode. I just cannot wait to be off weekends.
This week has been a crazy one. Tuesday night was an on-call night for me, so my parents graciously offered to take Liana for the night so that Mike could get some stuff done around the house and I wouldn't have to worry about the two of them if I got called out. Which I did. I worked from 5:30-9pm with another hour or so of charting on top of that. Thankfully though, no middle-of -night phone calls came my way.
While I had every intention of sleeping in on Wednesday, I was up at the crack of dawn despite the fact that my "Liana alarm" wasn't here to wake me up. So instead, I made my way downstairs, in my pj's, and watched my DVR until noon. It was glorious! (Aside from the crazy ridiculous headache that had been torturing me since Sunday, but at least I didn't have to worry about caring for Liana with that beast pulsating through my head.) I had oreos for lunch (typical) and worked on our 2010 scrapbook. Before I knew it the clock said 3:30 and I finally decided to jump in the shower and get ready for our family dinner. I got to my parents a little after 5 and was so excited to see a oh-so-excited little girl anxiously awaiting my arrival.
I'd also like to point out how appreciated a day to myself is every once in a while. Seriously, for this tired mama, there is NOTHING better than sitting on the couch all day, resting, relaxing, and not having a care in the world. No little person pulling at you... wanting one thing after another...needing you for everything. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted. As much as I love Liana and the joy she's brought to my life (and I wouldn't give her up for anything!!!) I sure do miss the days when all I had to worry about was myself. Freedom from your child is a wonderful thing every once in a while and it does a mama good! :)
I tell you.... nothing makes this mama feel more loved than the smiles and squeals she radiates when I show up.
We had dinner with my family and my grandparents to celebrate Mike's birthday.
By far, the highlight of our dinner was when Liana decided to run around the table, in duck-duck-goose-like fashion, naming each of her family members. "Papa. Nana (who got a big hug each time!). Auntie. Gipa (my papa). Gigi. Mama. Daddy." She did this at least three times.... which was just enough to make each one of us grin from ear to ear. Oh how this little girl is loved!!
Afterwards, Mike and Liana headed home while I headed over to a funeral visitation for Jimm's (my best friend Megan's husband) grandpa.
Tonight, unfortunately, I'm on call again. I really hate on-call.... there's nothing worse than having your day off turned upside down by work. Brittany and Mike have made plans to head over to Rivertown to do some birthday shopping and I'm bummed that I probably won't be able to go.... but, such is life as a hospice social worker. Our jobs are never-ending.
Tomorrow though? Tomorrow will be great. My mom has the day off and is having a garage sale, so I might go over to help her with that for a few hours. But then at 5pm, we have a family mini-session with a local photographer at Klackle Orchards. I'm praying that the weather holds out (it's only supposed to rain in the morning) and that Liana does well for the pictures. After all, she's also turning 18 months tomorrow (can you believe it?!) so the timing couldn't be more perfect. I can't wait to see the end result.... I'll post them as soon as we get them back! :)
And then the weekend comes. Someday weekends, someday I'll love you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment